Terms & Services
April 25, 2016 Ronald Rodriguez
- Google and JD.com - another e-commerce duo to considerThere was another e-commerce powerplay this week, with Google investing in and setting out plans to work with Chinese e-commerce retailer JD.com. Dean Best reflects on the announcement and how suppliers should react.
- Carbon dioxide shortage said to be impacting UK retailersThe European carbon dioxide shortage is starting to impact UK retailers, reports suggest.
- Nutropia to build chicken operation in EthiopiaEthiopia's Nutropia Poultry & Feed is to build a large-scale chicken facility in its home market.
- Goodman Fielder seeks NZ rights to YoplaitAustralia-based food manufacturer Goodman Fielder is looking to acquire the rights to the Yoplait brand in New Zealand.
- EU's retaliatory tariffs on US go liveThe European Commission's higher duties on US products, including food, issued in response to the tariffs from the Trump administration on imports of steel and aluminium, go live today (22 June).
- Peru issues warning labels for foods high in fat, salt, sugarFood manufacturers operating in Peru will have to include warning labels on the packaging of and adverts for products with high levels of salt, sugar and fats.
- US groups Conagra, Pinnacle 'resume deal talks'Major US manufacturers Conagra Brands and Pinnacle Foods have reportedly kick-started discussions over combining their businesses.
- Premier Foods shareholder calls for CEO changeThe UK's Premier Foods has told the London Stock Exchange that one of its major shareholders, activist investor Oasis Management, is to vote against the re-election of Gavin Darby as CEO.
- McCain Foods plays down talk of US expansion projectMcCain Foods has cooled reports in the US the potato-products group is looking to build another plant in the state of Idaho.
- Russian banks set for almost half of AgrokorTwo Russian banks could hold almost 50% of the embattled Croatia-based food manufacturer and retailer Agrokor, the largest business in the Balkans set to come under the ownership of its creditors.
- French meal alternative start-up Feed raises new fundingFrench food start-up Feed has attracted a new round of funding led by Alven and existing investor Otium Brands.
- General Mills invests in GoodBelly Probiotics firmUS food company General Mills has invested in NextFoods, the maker of Goodbelly Probotics products.
- US snacks delivery service SnackNation acquires local peer Love With FoodSnackNation, the US-based healthy snack delivery service, has acquired EdgiLife and its direct-to-consumer snack subscription service brand Love With Food.
- Maple Leaf-owned Field Roast signs Australasian distribution dealSeattle-based Field Roast Grain Meat Co., owned by Canada's Maple Leaf Foods, has signed an exclusive distribution agreement with Australian company Essen Foods.
- Indoor farmer Gotham Greens raises $29m in funding roundNew York fresh produce supplier Gotham Greens has announced it has attracted US$29m in Series C equity funding.
- Pork producer Seaboard Triumph Foods to ramp up production in IowaSeaboard Triumph Foods has announced its intention to significantly ramp up production at its plant in Sioux City, Iowa.
- Fonterra rallies to defend Chinese JV partner after manufacturing breach New Zealand dairy giant Fonterra has defended its Chinese joint venture Beingmate after the infant formula business became embroiled in a manufacturing rules breach.