Privacy & Policy
April 25, 2016 Ronald Rodriguez
- Italy's Ferrero linked to bid for Campbell's international unitA Europe-based confectionery business has been linked with a takeover bid for the international arm of US food giant Campbell Soup Co.
- Bunge chief Soren Schroder to step down in wake of strategic reviewBunge has announced chief executive officer Soren Schroder will step down as search for successor begins.
- New products - Japan's Otsuka Foods enters plant-based category with Zero Meat burgers; UK's Munchy Seeds targets health-conscious consumers with Shaker PotsThis week's new products include the first plant-based meat range from Japan's Otsuka Foods - Zero Meat burgers - and UK healthy snacks firm Munchy Seeds launching Shaker Pots.
- Egypt's Domty expands production capacity with new bakery lineEgypt-based cheese manufacturer Arabian Food Industries (Domty) is investing in a new production line.
- Hochdorf lowers guidance for second time in four monthsSwitzerland-based dairy ingredients and infant-formula supplier Hochdorf has once again revised key financial forecasts.
- Pladis commits to 2025 UK plastics pactPladis, the international snacks arm of Turkey's Yildiz Holding, commits to make packaging recyclable.
- Ireland could face food shortages after no-deal Brexit, report suggestsA leaked UK government document seen by The Times newspaper has spoken of Ireland's food supply issues in the event of a no-deal Brexit.
- UK competition watchdog invites feedback on PepsiCo's deal for PipersThe UK's competition watchdog is inviting feedback over a recently-announced deal involving US-based food and beverage giant PepsiCo.
- Why did Unilever buy GSK's Horlicks-led assets?Some question the future of Unilever's presence in food and drinks. Why did the FMCG giant snap up GSK's consumer-nutrition assets, at the centre of which was Horlicks?
- Unilever talks up prospects for foodservice armUnilever has outlined how it believes it can grow the division of the consumer-goods giant that supplies the foodservice sector.
- BRF sells QuickFood arm to Marfrig for $60m in all-Brazilian dealBrazilian meat heavyweight BRF has agreed to sell a processed food business in Argentina to a local peer.
- Aviko chief executive Piet Hein Merckens to resignNetherlands-based potato processor and French fries maker Aviko will need to replace a key executive in the new year.
- Aviko terminates China joint venture with Snow ValleyAviko, the Netherlands-based potato supplier, is exiting a joint venture in China after closing a plant in Germany last month.
- French retailer Casino opens up transparency with animal-welfare labellingFrench retailer Casino plans to provide animal-welfare labelling on its products to open up transparency.
- Smithfield Foods eyes export growth through $45m domestic investmentUS meat giant Smithfield Foods has announced it is to make a near-US$45m investment in its domestic operations.
- Tiger Brands to re-open plant at centre of listeria outbreakSouth African's authorities have given their verdict on a plant owned by food business Tiger Brands that was linked to a listeria outbreak.
- Swedish food prices must rise to mitigate drought impact on business - studyFood manufacturers in Sweden are calling for measures to be taken to ease the burden from the summer's drought.