Privacy & Policy
April 25, 2016 Ronald Rodriguez
- General Mills' bid for growth - CAGNY 2018 takeawaysIn General Mills' most recent financial year, the Cheerios-to-Yoplait owner saw its net sales tumble 4% on an organic basis - and that decline followed two successive years of its sales by that metric being flat. However, company veteran and now CEO Jeff Harmening believes General Mills can get back to growth and, at this […]
- Sanderson Farms investor vote on drugs use narrowsUS poultry processor Sanderson Farms now faces a situation where nearly half of its investors want it to stop giving antibiotics to healthy chickens.
- ABF chairman Charles Sinclair to step downCharles Sinclair, the chairman of Kingsmill, Patak's and Ryvita owner Associated British Foods, is to step down from the role in April.
- J.P. Bilbrey to step down as Hershey chairmanHershey veteran J.P. Bilbrey is to retire as the US confectionery giant's chairman.
- CAGNY 2018 - Hain Celestial's return to growth in US delayed by a yearUS organic and natural foods business Hain Celestial has indicated sales in its core domestic retail channel could take longer than expected.
- UK's KTC Edibles eyes overseas expansion after funding dealKTC Edibles, a food manufacturer based in the UK's West Midlands region, is looking to expand its export activities after securing a GBP40m (US$55.5m) funding package from a High Street bank.
- How will brands connect with consumers in the post-trust era?The latest Edelman Trust Barometer found levels of trust in the US general population have declined by the largest margin the survey has ever recorded, while classifying 20 of the 28 countries surveyed as "distrusters". Ben Cooper asks Tonia Ries, executive director of Edelman Square, the intellectual property unit of the global PR giant, what […]
- Nestle set to launch first organic products in Brazil Global food giant Nestle will launch its first organic food line in Brazil in the coming weeks.
- Nestle 'in price row with AgeCore buying group'Nestle is reportedly in embroiled in a pricing spat with members of the European retail buying group AgeCore.
- Aldi buys Hungarian dairy brand Kokardas from Alfoldi TejDiscount retail powerhouse Aldi has snapped up a dairy brand in Hungary, Kokárdás, from local manufacturer Alföldi Tej.
- Problems mount at Croatia's Agrokor as crisis manager quitsEmbattled Croatian food group Agrokor faces more problems after it revealed the manager appointed by the government to secure a debt restructuring deal has quit.
- CAGNY 2018 - New Kellogg CEO sets out "relentless focus on growth"Recently-installed Kellogg CEO Steve Cahillane has said the priority for the US cereal and snacks giant is to get its sales growing again.
- Baby-food firm Bubs Australia strikes JD.com dealBubs Australia, the infant formula and baby-food business, has secured a deal to sell its range of products through Chinese e-commerce giant JD.com.
- CAGNY 2018 - Tyson Foods unveils tie up with Mexican spice brand TajinTyson Foods has revealed it has inked an an exclusive partnership with Mexican spice brand Tajin.
- CAGNY 2018 - Mondelez to increase healthier snacking exposureThe new CEO of Mondelez International said the snacks giant needs to "grab some of the growth" being seen in demand for healthier products.
- Savencia Fromage & Dairy ups stake in Delice JVFrance's Savencia Fromage & Dairy has taken its shareholding in its cheese-making venture with Tunisia's Groupe Délice to 50%.
- Michael Gove hints at new post-Brexit seasonal workers policyUK Environment Secretary Michael Gove has told an industry conference British farmers will need to access workers from around the world post-Brexit and said there is a "compelling case" for a new seasonal agricultural workers scheme (SAWS).