Privacy & Policy
April 25, 2016 Ronald Rodriguez
- Update - UK not affected by Lactalis salmonella scare, FSA saysThe UK's Food Standards Agency (FSA) says the country is unaffected by the international recall of certain baby formula milk and baby food products made by French dairy giant Lactalis after the discovery of salmonella bacteria.
- PepsiCo launches Walkers deliveries after P&H collapsePepsiCo has launched its own deliveries in the UK of local snacks brand Walkers, previously distributed by grocery and tobacco wholesaler Palmer & Harvey, which went into administration last month.
- EU and Scottish government back new Seafood Sourcing plantSome 20 jobs are expected to be created through the creation of a new UK fish processing factory in Aberdeenshire.
- UK investment analysts suggest 'meat tax' looks "inevitable"A UK organisation that provides analysis for investors in areas such as livestock production has produced a report looking at the likelihood of a 'meat tax' being brought in.
- Oetker buys Belgian bakery business Diversi FoodsGerman food and beverage giant Oetker Gruppe has agreed to buy Belgium-based bakery supplier Diversi Foods for an undisclosed sum.
- Arla sets out Endrup Dairy plansArla Foods plans to run Denmark's Endrup Dairy as a cheese maturing and packing centre after acquiring the bankrupt company in September.
- Nissin Foods drops on HKD904m share debutShares in Nissin Foods, the Japanese instant noodle maker, fell on the first day of trading in Hong Kong after the company raised HKD904.4m (US$115.8m) in an initial public offering.
- Egypt's Edita enters $10m joint venture agreement in MoroccoEgypt's Edita Food Industries has signed a memorandum of understanding with Morocco's Dislog Group to form a US$10m joint venture.
- Lactalis faces worldwide recall of products in salmonella scareFrench officials have ordered the global recall of several baby formula milk and baby food products made by the country's dairy giant Lactalis after the discovery of salmonella bacteria.
- Campbell Soup-backed Acre Venture Partners invests in incubator networkAcre Venture Partners, a US investment fund backed by Campbell Soup Co., has put money into Pilotworks, a local incubator set up to support fledgling food and drink companies.
- French dairy co-operative Sodiaal unveils strategic planSodiaal has unveiled a strategic plan in which the France-based dairy cooperative aims to boost profitability and rank among the top five European groups by 2025.
- UK supermarket giant Sainsbury's to offer Zizzi pizzas in-storeUK grocer Sainsbury's is partnering with Italian restaurant chain Zizzi to provide an in-store takeaway pizza counter.
- The food industry in 2018 - the e-commerce trends to watchTaking advantage of the rise of the e-commerce channel will be a priority of an increasing number of food company strategists in 2018. Andrew Pearl, director of strategy and insight in the EMEA markets for e-commerce analytics firm Profitero, presents four trends to watch in the channel in 2018.
- EU, Japan finalise trade dealThe EU and Japan today (7 December) announced they had finalised a deal on trade between the two markets, an agreement that looks set to open the Asian country to European agricultural exports.
- Canada secures multi-million dollar meat export deal with ChinaCanada has secured an agreement with China to ramp up meat exports in a deal potentially worth as much as CAD225m (US$175m).
- Exceldor plans new poultry distribution centre in QuebecCanada's poultry company Exceldor is investing CAD35m (US$27.2m) in a new distribution centre to meet increasing demand and accelerate growth.
- Norway's Tine to invest in new cheese plant in IrelandNorwegian cooperative Tine plans to invest EUR77m (US$90.4m) in a new dairy plant in Ireland as it seeks to "consolidate'' sales outside of its home market.