Privacy & Policy
April 25, 2016 Ronald Rodriguez
- Brazil to expand meat exports to China and open new Asian marketsBrazil's Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Supply has revealed that meat exports to China are to be increased and negotiations are under way to access the Indonesian and South Korean markets.
- New players enter race to buy Groupe Doux assetsUK chicken processor Chesterfield Poultry is one of a clutch of new names to emerge as bidders for ailing French peer Groupe Doux.
- Hearthside Food Solutions sale confirmedThe sale of Hearthside Food Solutions has been officially announced, with private-equity firm Charlesbank Capital Partners and investment manager Partners Group teaming up to buy the US-based contract manufacturer.
- US Senators request review into Marfrig deal for National BeefUS Senators are calling on the country's government to review Marfrig Global Foods' proposed acquisition of a majority stake in National Beef Packing Co on the grounds the deal could potentially threaten safety in North America's food supply.
- Pressure mounts on BRF as investors put forward candidate for presidentShareholders in Brazil's BRF are piling on pressure for the loss-making chicken processor to sort out its leadership reshuffle ahead of a meeting next week to select a new board of directors.
- Thailand's CPF takes stake in Brazilian shrimp producer CamanorThailand-based food giant Charoen Pokphand Foods (CPF) has acquired 40% of the shares of Brazilian shrimp farmer and processor Camanor Produtos Marinhos for US$17.5m.
- UK dairy firm First Milk to sell Scottish creameriesFirst Milk, a UK dairy cooperative, has said it is planning to sell off two Scottish creameries.
- Jobs at risk as Muller reviews UK foodservice delivery operationSome 250 jobs are at risk at German dairy giant Muller's UK operation following news that the company is to review its foodservice delivery arm.
- Mondelez International targets Middle East growth as Bahrain factory opensConfectioner and snack maker Mondelez International has announced the opening of its new US$90m factory in Bahrain.
- FrieslandCampina eyes launch of "sustainable" brandFrieslandCampina is looking to launch a line of products the Dutch dairy giant says will have an "extra focus on animals, nature, and climate".
- Nestle pricing row with retailers 'nearing compromise'Food giant Nestle's row with retailers over pricing is approaching a compromise, according to a report by news agency Reuters.
- Earnings summary - Danone keeps 2018 guidance as Q1 sales rise 4.9%; Abbott infant nutrition sales up in Q1; ABF H1 profits drop due to disposals; meat group Toennies sees sales risejust-food presents the key metrics from company financials in bitesize format, with analyst insight and social media comment alongside graphs illustrating a business' historical performance to give you an easy-to-read digest of the numbers you need to know.
- Spain's Grupo Apex acquires Papes Safor, owner of Aitana snacks brandSpain-based snacks manufacturer Grupo Apex has acquired Papes Safor, which makes the Aitana brand of potato crisps, for an undisclosed sum.
- NPD Tracker - Sara Lee's snack size frozen desserts; PepsiCo India launches Kurkure snacks with 21.5% less sodiumjust-food publishes the most notable product development from the international food sector, presented in bitesize format to give you a flavour of the innovation from your peers and competitors announced this week.
- Finland's Apetit elects Harri Eela as chairman with other changes at the board levelFinland-based vegetable foods producer Apetit has elected Harri Eela as chairman of the company and announced a change in its board of directors.
- Murray River Organics names Valentina Tripp to succeed CEO George HaggarMurray River Organics has appointed Valentina Tripp as chief executive and managing director of the Australia-based dried fruits manufacturer.
- Hearthside Food 'targeted by Partners Group, Charlesbank Capital'US-based snacks producer Hearthside Food Solutions is reportedly set to be acquired by private-equity firms Partners Group Holding and Charlesbank Capital Partners for more than US$2.4bn.